This is a recipe shared by my baking fren :D the texture is light and fluffy and I like the buttery taste. As I do not want the whole batch to have the same taste, I divide the batter into 2 portions and added different fillings to it! The recipe called for sour cream or milk to be added. As I yet to try out using sour cream in cakes, I decided to try using sour cream instead of milk. As usual I also reduce the sugar* content in the recipe. After 3 days leaving in air-tight container in room temperature, the cupcakes still taste as good as fresh bake！
- 200gm butter
- 120gm caster sugar *(original is 200gm)
- 200gm eggs, lightly beaten (abt 4 large eggs)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 250gm self-raising flour, sifted
- 8 tbsp sour cream (can replaced with milk)
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs gradually and beat well.
- Add in vanilla and mix well.
- Fold in flour and sour cream alternately. Do not overmix.
- Lastly fold in filling accordingly. Fill batter in bakings cups 3/4 full.
- Baked in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 20-25mins or until golden brown.