Which is more appealing to you? Sweet pink looking sorbet or the rich burgundy one? :D Original recipes suggested 1 cup water to 1 cup sugar, after reducing to almost 1/2 cup still find it too sweet >.< but it still taste very refreshing :D
Recipe Source : Ice-Cream & Desserts from Periplus Book
- 250ml water
- 150gm sugar
- 1 cup fresh strawberry puree
- Bring water to boil. Add sugar and stir till dissolves. Cool sugar syrup completely.
- Stir in strawberry puree and mix evenly. Transfer mixture into a 9" stainless steel tray and freeeze for 2 hours till the sorbet is partially set.
- Transfer sorbet to a food processor and blend thoroughly. Return to freeze again for another 1-1 1/2 hours. Repeat process for 2 more times at 1 hour interval to achieve a fluffy texture sorbet. Store in freezer proof container and freeze till firm enough to serve.
Not enough blackberries on hand, therefore top up the balance with some blueberries! Amazing hur, the cute little black fruits actually give such intense rich burgundy hue :D
Recipe modified from Joy of Baking
Blackberries & Blueberries Sorbet
- 200ml water
- 130gm sugar
- 170gm frozen blackberries
- 130gm frozen blueberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice